Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Heart of Darkness

It echoed loudly within him because he was hollow at the core. Joseph Conrad

As a Leatherman I acknowledge that the dungeon is an empty stage where anything can happen. The arena of the heart. A dark space waiting to be filled.

The dominant man often believes that he controls the situation. Indeed, the responses of the submissive man bolster this perception. This is the dangerous lie of Leatherplay.

At best the dominant man shepherds the responses that come from play, untamed beasts from the deep desires of the submissive man. One cannot control these responses. And while players may approach their interaction with a modicum of precaution, they realize that safe play cannot exist.

The interactions between players establish the exchange of power and, thus, become an invisible third in the dungeon. Together they become the echo that resounds long after the play ceases.

After decades of play, I recognize that I am one of the Hollow Men. And when I play, I revel in the void, that darkness that castrates the socially constructed phallus. This is the nature of my Leatherplay.


1 comment:

  1. a dangerous lie of leather play indeed! I love seeing a Man and Master like yourself explain the truest of ideals in this instance. Your constant dedication to teaching and showing the truth is an inspiration to boys and Men everywhere.

    ReplyDelete