This week the new Folsom Streetfair poster was released. Pictured in the center of a group of naked individuals of various builds and ages, my friend Race Bannon wearing nothing but a smile. Race has been a clarion voice throughout the decades, a man respected for his expertise and intelligence. And, as can be seen on the poster, Race continues to be a handsome man who obviously is very comfortable with himself.
When I was a Leatherboy and received my first item of Gear, I was told that Leather was my second skin. Lee Willis, of StudWerks fame, instructed me that Leather was meant to accentuate the body. His work was always cut to show off the shape of the man wearing his Gear. His chaps perfectly framed the crotch, ass, and legs of the wearer.
Essentially, Leather as second skin points to that first skin that we were born with. Tom of Finland's images serve as perfect illustrations of this concept. Leathermen stand erect in full Gear, cocks outlined distinctly and chests puffed out beneath tight, black hides. Tom shows men who are not frightened of their bodies. These are proud men who openly celebrate their sexuality without reserve often in outdoor settings. These images continue to stir us in their depiction of Gay Leather sexuality.
During my travels in the United States over the last two years, I have heard a number of men in the Community state that dominant men should not show off their naked bodies. Indeed, some claim canonical support for this view by stating that a sir or master must always be covered up by his Leather. "Only boys should be naked," they proclaim.
With no disrespect to its religious use, Leather is not a burka. When worn as fetish Gear, Leather as second skin accentuates our first skin. It is not meant to cover or hide the wearer from the gaze of the viewer, or to act as a costume. Leather Gear worn well does just the opposite. It catalyzes the gaze so that the viewer senses the heightened sexuality of the wearer.
My Leather exacerbates my sexual state. It creates a sense of power and freedom that usually culminates with me dropping my pants and fucking. At the end of play in a public dungeon, I enjoy stripping off my Gear to expose myself not only to the boy but to whoever else is watching. I enjoy it when the boy looks back at me with admiration and lust, and rubs his hands across my chest, down my abdomen, and along my growing cock. This is the logical conclusion of the narrative suggested by the Gear that I had donned just moments before.
As I man who loves Leather Gear, I have noticed that men who are proud of their bodies are also those who wear Gear well. They exude a pride that fills out their Leather. These are the men that make me look and take notice, leaving me nursing my engorged cock within my Leather trousers.
I salute my peers who demonstrate confidence in their skins, who do not wear their Leather as disguise. Together with them, I feel comfortable wearing only a smile.
Brilliant
ReplyDelete